Raspberry PI vending shield (RASPIVEND)
(active product - samples available on stock)
This device perform a full management at a low level for MDB payment systems (bills, coins and cashless devices). It is limited at the implemented functions and procedures (see the manual below). It emulates a Level 2 vending machine controller for cashless devices, with revalue options.
We have started the development of this module folowing two objectives:
1. Building new vending machines, with a touchscreen, based on any Raspberry PI compatible SBC
2. Upgrading any old vending machine, with a touchscreen, based on any Raspberry PI compatible SBC.
Can be connected on any 40 pin Raspberry PI compatible SBC (ex. Banana PI, Orange, PI).
Additionally, this device can offer full telemetry and remote control over the Internet.
It offers the following functions:
- MDB port, to connect any MDB payment system (bill validators, coin acceptors, coin changers, cashless devices, etc.);
- ccTalk port, to connect any ccTalk payment system (hoppers, bill validators, coin acceptors, bill recyclers, etc.);
- Two RS232 serial ports, to connect any RS232 peripheral (printers, ccNet payment systems, etc.);
- 40 pin Raspberry PI compatible port. This port will also supply the 5VDC/2A power for Raspberry PI;
- RTC (real time clock) witha battery backup and 32kbit EEPROM memory for counter and othe non-volatile data storage;
- VTLCOMBUS expansion port, to connect any existing or custom developed VTLCOMBUS device;
- Communication port. For the moment there is only an GPRS modem available that can be connected on this port, but any other communication interface can be developed on request.
You can visit the dedicated product page to find the extended informations about the status of this project.
Using this module there will be very easy to build any touchscreen based vending machine, or upgrading any old machine.
All Python 3 demo applications requires PySerial 3.0.1 (tested also with PySerial 3.2.1 and 3.3)
|Manual v1.0||For firmware up to 2017, March 08|
|Python3 demo application - v1.0||For firmware up to 2017, March 08|
|Manual v1.5||For firmware starting with 2017, March 08|
|Python3 demo application - v1.5||For firmware starting with 2017, March 08|
|Manual v1.6||For firmware starting with 2017, March 22|
|Python3 demo application - v1.6||For firmware starting with 2017, March 22|
Below you can find a video, using Raspberry PI vending shield with simple telnet commands.
Easy Raspberry PI (or compatible) vending machine in few easy steps.