Raspberry Pi MDB to Executive bridge
This device is on final testing stage and was developed to connect MDB payment systems (bill validator, coin acceptor/changer and a cashless device) to an Executive vending machine. In the same time it can be connected with a Raspberry Pi or a compatible 40 pin connector SBC for extra functionality. It is powered directly from Executive 24VAC transformer and is generating all the power needed by MDB peripherals and by the Raspberry Pi SBC (or compatible - tested with Orange Pi One and Orange Pi Lite).
The device offers the following functions:
- rising some credit from Raspberry Pi to the Executive vending machine;
- manage MDB payment systems;
- return change from Raspberry Pi, if an MDB changer is attached to the board;
- store and read cash counters from Raspberry Pi;
- read available change from Raspberry Pi;
- store and read cashless transactions value from Raspberry Pi;
- store and read up to 96 products counters (with Executive price holding machines);
- store and read up to 96 product prices (with Executive price holding machines);
- reports cash and cashless sales values and statuses (success or fail);
- reading current cash credit available on the machine.
Python 3 demo application available for download (requires Python 3 and PySerial 3.0.1).
|MDB to Executive bridge with Raspberry Pi interface - manual - v1.0||For firmware starting with Aug 1st, 2017|
|MDB to Executive bridge with Raspberry Pi interface - Python 3 demo app - v1.0||For firmware starting with Aug 1st, 2017|